Lobster Ink is driven by a dynamic and diverse team, inspired by excellence, innovation and continuous improvement.
We produce and provide the best-in-class online training content to the large enterprises in the hospitality, finance and tourism industries. We build products that people use - a lot, and every day - to develop their skills, take their careers to the next level or simply improve their quality of life.
We focus on:
Today, we are looking for a new UX Researcher to join our busy Product Design team and support our rapidly growing business!
We work 100% in English, our company's language, and are located just near Overamstel station, 15 mins away from from Amsterdam Central station by metro.
Reports to: Head of Product DesignLocation: Amsterdam
Summary of Key responsibilities:
You will get to work and collaborate directly with our product managers and product owners in
the product’s strategy and development, with a real opportunity to influence the future of our
Your levers of influence will comprise qualitative and quantitative user research, ideation
workshop methods, and more generally, bringing a user-centric approach to everything we do.
● Design and conduct user research to evaluate new and current products.
● Identify and explore new opportunities before they make it onto the drawing board.
● Collaborate closely with product designers, product managers, and engineers.
● Adapt and innovate research practices to meet team needs under the tight time frames of
a rapidly growing company.
● Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions.
● Conduct usability research both online and in the field and provide recommendations for improvement.
● Help identify user needs by conducting task-focused analyses.
● 5+ years work experience in the same or similar role.
● You have an online work portfolio/work samples that will accompany the application for this
position and that demonstrate the process you follow to build great user experiences.
● Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills.
● Demonstrable ability to plan and conduct research in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles.
● Experience Requirements: usability moderating (all types, particularly one-on-one), participant recruiting/screener creation, experimental design, test method selection, debriefing, facilitation, statistical/qualitative/quantitative analysis, presentations (verbal and written).
● Ability to clearly, concisely and persuasively communicate research findings.
● Understand the agile work environment and be able to work inside Scrum-based (or similar) projects.
Skills, knowledge and attributes:
● Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
● Ability to work well independently as well as in a team
● Eager to learn and share knowledge
● Collaborative and capable of building mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships
● Proactive individual with demonstrable accuracy and attention to detail
● Fast, efficient, meticulous
● Organized and structured; copes well under pressure, with the ability to meet and exceed given deadlines
● Ability to both give and receive direction and constructive criticism well
● Displays a positive and enthusiastic approach to all their work
What we offer:
An exciting international working environment
Flexibility and work-from-home days
Collective Health Insurance
Weekly ‘wine-down’ tradition coming from the hospitality background of Lobster Ink
So much more...
Give us a call to experience it for yourself!
Lobster Ink - empower, inform, inspire.