Be part of something special!
Lobster Ink is the world's leading hospitality platform, training hundreds of thousands of learners in over 100 countries every day. We are a rapidly growing business built from a solid foundation, but flexible enough to respond to the trends of the market and our users. We are driven by our goal to stay at the forefront of technology-driven learning in professional environments.
We believe in creating learning solutions which understand the way that people learn in the modern working environment.
We focus on:
• Intuitive technology which enables and encourages consistent learning and development
• Premium, high-impact content with an emphasis on immediate practical application
• Actionable metrics, reporting and analytics which drive long-term learning and empower learners, facilitators and management
• End-to-end solutions, with seamless integration between content design, production, distribution and ongoing facilitation
Lobster Ink is driven by a dynamic and diverse team, inspired by excellence, innovation and continuous improvement.
Above all, we build products that people use - a lot, and every day - to improve their skills, develop their careers and enhance their quality of life.
Reports to: Head of Product Design
Summary of Key responsibilities:
Together with our other designers and developers, you will be part of the team that makes our products look incredible and be responsible for our online visual identity. Your designs will make our users smile.
- Work alongside engineers, product managers and learning experts to create elegant user experiences; you should thrive on feedback, critique and iteration
- You get to decide which tools you use, as long as your design is well considered and polished
- Prototype your ideas throughout the product development process, from initial mind maps to final high fidelity prototypes ("An image is worth a thousand words" and we believe "A prototype is worth a thousand meetings"
- Have the ability to understand and interpret existing design patterns to inform ongoing product development
- 2+ years of work experience in a technology-oriented role or working with web/mobile applications (digital SaaS products)
- You have a degree in Interaction Design or a creative study of some kind
- You have a portfolio that showcases your interactive design skills
- You have a focus on user centered design and your portfolio shows that
- You have experience designing for multiple devises
- You have a passion for detail and care for great usability and aesthetics
- Ability to prototype ideas quickly and iterate as many times as needed. Confident in your work without become too attached to your designs when constructive team and used feedback is put forward
- Demonstrated ability creating deliverables in the research, user experience and visual design stages of the design process
- Experience with JIRA agile or other agile product development tools helps but is not a requirement
- Full professional proficiency with the English language
Skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team
- Eager to learn and share knowledge
- Collaborative and capable of building mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships
- Proactive individual with proven strength in attention to detail
- Fast, efficient, meticulous
- Organized and structured; copes well under pressure, with the ability to meet and exceed given deadlines
- Ability to both give and receive direction and constructive criticism well
- Displays a positive and enthusiastic approach to all their work
What we offer:
- Salary based on experience
An exciting international working environment
Flexibility and work-from-home days
Collective Health Insurance
Weekly ‘wine-down’ tradition coming from the hospitality background of Lobster Ink
So much more...
Give us a call to experience it for yourself!
Lobster Ink - empower, inform, inspire.