Lobster Ink is the world's leading hospitality platform, training hundreds of thousands of learners in over 100 countries every day. We are a rapidly growing business built from a solid foundation, but flexible enough to respond to the trends of the market and our users. We are driven by our goal to stay at the forefront of technology-driven learning in professional environments.
We believe in creating learning solutions which understand the way that people learn in the modern working environment.
We focus on:
• Intuitive technology which enables and encourages consistent learning and development
• Premium, high-impact content with an emphasis on immediate practical application
• Actionable metrics, reporting and analytics which drive long-term learning and empower learners, facilitators and management
• End-to-end solutions, with seamless integration between content design, production, distribution and ongoing facilitation
Lobster Ink is driven by a dynamic and diverse team, inspired by excellence, innovation and continuous improvement.
Our emphasis on quality and innovation can be evidenced by the cutting edge implementation of the .NET infrastructure underpinning the ground-up redesign of our new learning platform, to be released in early 2017. Using exciting and dynamic technologies like Angular 2.0, the new .NET Azure infrastructure and GraphQL, we are forging a new path in creating a scalable, dynamic platform built for rapid development. We move quickly and we push ourselves hard to ensure we stay at the top of the pack.
Above all, we build products that people use - a lot, and every day - to improve their skills, develop their careers and enhance their quality of life.
Reports to: Head of Product Design
Summary of Key responsibilities:
Together with our other designers and developers, you will be part of the team that makes our products look incredible and be responsible for our online visual identity. Your designs will make our users smile.
• Design and conduct user research to evaluate new and current products
• Identify and explore new opportunities before they make it onto the drawing board
• Collaborate closely with product designers, product managers and engineers
• Adapt and innovate research practices to meet team needs under the tight time-frames of a rapidly growing team
• Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions
• Conduct usability research both online and in the field and provide recommendations for improvement
• Help identify user needs by conducting task-focused analyses
• 5+ years of work experience in the same of similar role
• You have an online work portfolio/work samples that will accompany the application for this position and that demonstrate the process you follow to build great user experiences
• Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills
• Demonstrable ability to plan and conduct research in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles
• Experience requirements: usability moderating (all types particularly one-on-one), participant recruiting/screener creation, experimental design, test method selection, debriefing, facilitation, statistical/qualitative/quantative analysis, presentations (verbal and written)
• Ability to clearly, concisely and persuasively communicate research findings
• Understand the agile work environment and be able to work inside Scrum-based (or similar) projects
• Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
• Ability to work well independently as well as in a team
• Eager to learn and share knowledge
• Collaborative and capable of building mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships
• Proactive individual with proven strength in attention to detail
• Fast, efficient, meticulous
• Organized and structured; copes well under pressure, with the ability to meet and exceed given deadlines
• Ability to both give and receive direction and constructive criticism well
• Displays a positive and enthusiastic approach to all their work
What we offer:
• Salary based on experience
• An exciting international working environment
• Working with cutting-edge cloud technology
• Team up with the best developers in Amsterdam
• Flexibility and work-from-home days
• Collective Health Insurance
• Weekly ‘wine-down’ tradition coming from the hospitality background of Lobster Ink
• So much more...
Give us a call to experience it for yourself!
Lobster Ink - empower, inform, inspire.