Lobster Ink is the world's leading hospitality platform, training hundreds of thousands of learners in over 100 countries every day. We are a rapidly growing business built from a solid foundation, but flexible enough to respond to the trends of the market and our users. We are driven by our goal to stay at the forefront of technology-driven learning in professional environments.
We believe in creating learning solutions which understand the way that people learn in the modern working environment.
We focus on:
• Intuitive technology which enables and encourages consistent learning and development
• Premium, high-impact content with an emphasis on immediate practical application
• Actionable metrics, reporting and analytics which drive long-term learning and empower learners, facilitators and management
• End-to-end solutions, with seamless integration between content design, production, distribution and ongoing facilitation
Lobster Ink is driven by a dynamic and diverse team, inspired by excellence, innovation and continuous improvement.
Our emphasis on quality and innovation can be evidenced by the cutting edge implementation of the .NET infrastructure underpinning the ground-up redesign of our new learning platform. Using technologies like Angular, Azure infrastructure and GraphQL, we are forging a new path in creating a scalable, dynamic platform built for rapid development. We work closely with Microsoft engineers to get the most out of Azure.
Above all, we build products that people use - a lot, and every day - to improve their skills, develop their careers and enhance their quality of life.
This is a unique opportunity for a software architect to join a rapidly growing company working with the latest technologies, deliver cutting-edge reporting functionality, and make a mark.
Reports to: Team Lead
● Create the technical design for significant enhancements to our platforms
● Iterate on and expand the platform architecture as required for new functionality
● Work with product owners to ensure requirements are consistent with existing
● Implement workflow improvements, tooling improvements, and other ways of
enhancing developer productivity
● Represent technology in new vendor selection processes
● Attend planning, daily stand-ups and retrospective meetings
● Be on rotating call to cover critical failures
● Lead a team of developers, working within the larger technology and business
● Set, monitor, and review team member KPIs
● Interview and evaluate prospective team members
● Onboard and evaluate new team members
● Minimum of 5 years experience in development
● Experience in a technical leadership role
● Strong understanding of design patterns and relational database design
● Strong experience in the Microsoft ecosystem is highly beneficial
● Experience in infrastructure and deployments is highly beneficial
● Full professional proficiency in English
Skills, knowledge and attributes:
● Organized and structured, copes well under pressure, with the ability to meet and
exceed given deadlines
● Strong leadership ability in both technical design and people management
● Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
● Keen business sense and understanding of product development
● Eager to learn and share knowledge
● Ability to give direction and constructive criticism
● Proactive with demonstrable accuracy and attention to detail
What you'll get:
● Salary based on experience
● An exciting international working environment
● Working with cutting-edge cloud technology
● Team up with the best tech people in Amsterdam and Cape Town
● Flexibility and work-from-home days
● Weekly ‘wine-down’ tradition coming from the hospitality background of Lobster Ink
● So much more...
Give us a call to experience it for yourself!
Lobster Ink - empower, inform, inspire.