The Senior Producer is responsible for managing the production client experience alongside the guidance of the Lead Producer and Planning and Delivery Director, working with the client to determine their brand objectives in the creation of learning programs and negotiating the best outcome for both the client and the business. This role manages the full project management function of course production and drives profitability for the business. Close communication with the Traffic Director and Creative Director will be integral for the efficiencies for both client and Lobster Ink and the success of this role.
- To draft accurate proposals, estimates and project budgets for production and translation projects.
- To provide strong guidance to the Team Leads working on their projects to ensure that deadlines and budgets are consistently met.
- To deliver detailed recon reports in an accurate and timely manner
- To encourage innovative thinking in their project teams and push team members to implement more effective ways of working that improve the timing and delivery of production outputs.
- To build and sustain loyal client relationships alongside the guidance of the Programme Director and Programme Manager so as to develop opportunities for growth of new and existing business
- To be highly solution-focused and help clients achieve their objectives as smoothly and quickly as possible without jeopordising the Lobster Ink quality of work.
- To lead client meetings.
- To manage protocols, resolve challenges and respond effectively to changing client needs when necessary.
- To work closely with the Traffic Director regarding the availability of resources to meet their client commitments
- To provide feedback to the Primary Account Manager (Lobster International) to give updates on the status of the production opportunity status
- To seek final approval from Primary Account Manager of all customer quotes that go out to the customer
- To frequently liaise with the Programme Director and Programme Manager as well as the Traffic Director to manage risk and proactively try to resolve any potential challenges and queries that might impact on the meeting of client deadlines
- To regularly liaise with client, Finance, Sales and Operations and the Lobster International team to keep them updated on course production progress and deadlines
- To take responsibility for the cost management of all assigned projects and ensure regular communication with the Finance department to keep updated on the financial status of accounts at all times
- To manage the production team when filming on location and ensure that all necessary administration, reporting and budget compliance is adhered to
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience as an Account Executive / Project Manager with a proven track record in client engagement and retention
- Strong leadership presence and leadership skills will be a differentiator
- Experience with both Microsoft Office and iWork suites as well as other project management programs required for execution
- Highly proficient in Excel or Numbers
- Strong proposal writing, pitch preparation and negotiation skills
- Advanced presentation and influencing skills with the ability to succinctly tell stories when presenting ideas
- Strong financial/commercial acumen and a strong focus on logistics (for scheduling and resourcing)