- Job Title: Senior Producer
- Department: Production
- Reporting to: Programme Director
- Direct Reports: Team Leads
- Responsible for: Profitability, Project Management, Performance
- Location: Cape Town
The Senior Producer is responsible for managing the production client experience alongside the guidance of the Lead Producer and Planning and Delivery Director, working with the client to determine their brand objectives in the creation of learning programs and negotiating the best outcome for both the client and the business. This role manages the full project management function of course production and drives profitability for the business. Close communication with the Traffic Director and Creative Director will be integral for the efficiencies for both client and Lobster Ink and the success of this role.
- To draft accurate proposals, estimates and project budgets for production and translation projects.
- To provide strong guidance to the Team Leads working on their projects to ensure that deadlines and budgets are consistently met.
- To deliver detailed recon reports in an accurate and timely manner
- To encourage innovative thinking in their project teams and push team members to implement more effective ways of working that improve the timing and delivery of production outputs.
- To build and sustain loyal client relationships alongside the guidance of the Programme Director and Programme Manager so as to develop opportunities for growth of new and existing business
- To be highly solution-focused and help clients achieve their objectives as smoothly and quickly as possible without jeopordising the Lobster Ink quality of work.
- To lead client meetings.
- To manage protocols, resolve challenges and respond effectively to changing client needs when necessary.
- To work closely with the Traffic Director regarding the availability of resources to meet their client commitments
- To provide feedback to the Primary Account Manager (Lobster International) to give updates on the status of the production opportunity status
- To seek final approval from Primary Account Manager of all customer quotes that go out to the customer
- To frequently liaise with the Programme Director and Programme Manager as well as the Traffic Director to manage risk and proactively try to resolve any potential challenges and queries that might impact on the meeting of client deadlines
- To regularly liaise with client, Finance, Sales and Operations and the Lobster International team to keep them updated on course production progress and deadlines
- To take responsibility for the cost management of all assigned projects and ensure regular communication with the Finance department to keep updated on the financial status of accounts at all times
- To manage the production team when filming on location and ensure that all necessary administration, reporting and budget compliance is adhered to
Accountability and Performance Measures
- Quality: Work should be consistently of the highest quality and should match the parameters and standards outlined in Let’s Sell Lobster’s or the client’s Style Guide.
- Efficiency: The fast-paced nature of shooting and editing must be upheld at all times, requiring efficiency in pre-production, on location and in the post-production phase where deadlines are strictly adhered to.
- Professionalism: When shooting with clients on location, behaviour should remain professional at all times, while respecting Guest’s privacy by being as discreet as possible and willing to be adaptable where needed.
- Turn-around time: This will vary according to each project’s requirements and deadlines but you will be expected supervise edits of approximately 1 minute’s worth of quality, edited content in 1.5 hours.
- Budget Parameters: Projects are budgeted carefully according to various factors, including hours spent editing or writing a project and therefore employees need to understand their project’s timelines and expected delivery dates to fall within those budgets.
- Problem-resolution: Challenges, issues and potential scope changes should be highlighted the moment that they arise and communicated to all relevant parties. You will be measured on your ability to proactively problem solve to avoid issues within your control. You will be expected to take initiative to make suggestions and improvements and to rectify situations quickly and efficiently.
- People Management: The Senior Producer needs to maintain a high level of morale amongst the team as a whole and assist each team member to ensure they fulfil their role to the expected requirements of the business and to the best of their ability.
- Reports to the Programme Director, or Program Manager in their absence
- Enlists the support of the Finance and Sales teams as required
- Traffic Director to deliver on the client’s deadlines and quality expectations
- Direct reports include: Team Leads
- Works closely with the Primary Account Manager at all times.
- Works closely with the Team Lead
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as an Account Executive / Project Manager with a proven track record in client engagement and retention
- Agency experience would be an advantage
- Strong leadership presence and leadership skills will be a differentiator
- Experience with both Microsoft Office and iWork suites as well as other project management programs required for execution
- Highly proficient in Excel or Numbers
- Strong proposal writing, pitch preparation and negotiation skills
- Advanced presentation and influencing skills with the ability to succinctly tell stories when presenting ideas
- Strong financial/commercial acumen and a strong focus on logistics (for scheduling and resourcing)
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent client relationship, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have excellent ability to work with people within cross functional teams
- A systematic thinker who is confident, self motivated, articulate and practical
- The ability to plan and strategise at a senior level
- A very high level of resilience and the ability to perform consistently under pressure
- An aptitude for identifying and solving customer problems
- A hands-on and professional approach with both clients and team members
- Able to quickly build rapport, credibility, and trust with prospective customers
- Confident communicator (good public speaker with excellent digital communications etiquette)