Be part of something special!
Lobster Ink is the world's leading hospitality platform, training hundreds of thousands of learners in over 100 countries every day. We are a rapidly growing business built from a solid foundation, but flexible enough to respond to the trends of the market and our users. We are driven by our goal to stay at the forefront of technology-driven learning in professional environments.
We believe in creating learning solutions which understand the way that people learn in the modern working environment.
We focus on:
• Intuitive technology which enables and encourages consistent learning and development
• Premium, high-impact content with an emphasis on immediate practical application
• Actionable metrics, reporting and analytics which drive long-term learning and empower learners, facilitators and management
• End-to-end solutions, with seamless integration between content design, production, distribution and ongoing facilitation
Lobster Ink is driven by a dynamic and diverse team, inspired by excellence, innovation and continuous improvement.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
As a Senior Human Resources Manager, your responsibility will be to co-lead the HR team and participate in identifying, designing, managing, prioritizing and executing the key Human Resource deliverables for the organization both strategic and operational. You will be responsible for our Global division which consist of mainly Amsterdam, US, Geneva and any future countries we establish a footprint in. Your exceptional people skills, organizational skills, understanding of corporate culture and competence in all aspects of the HR value chain will ensure you are able to achieve these objectives.
1. Talent acquisition:
- Ensure all positions are approved within the salary budget
- Ensure all vacancies are advertised on Lobster Inks preferred recruitment channels.
- A Thorough understanding of LinkedIn and how to leverage it as both a passive and active recruitment channel
- Source alternate ways of recruiting to reduce recruitment costs
- Find ways to build a quality in house talent pipeline.
- Manage the Lobster Ink recruitment portal
- Support to conduct interviews and reference checks on candidates, make offers to successful candidates and decline unsuccessful candidates.
- Administer any assessments that may be required for certain roles
- Encourage staff referrals and manage staff referral incentives
- Find ways to reduce recruitment turnaround times without compromising quality
- Recruitment training to Line Managers
- Work with our External Payroll service providers to manage the payroll function
- Compile monthly payroll from end-to-end ensuring that each employee is paid on time and with accuracy. Ensure compliance with payroll policy and finance sign-off
- Compliance with any pay related matters e.g. IRP5, taxation etc.
- Manage leave processes and ensure compliance by all managers
- Integrate Payroll with the HR System
3. Performance Management
- Ensure all new starters are on-boarded in line with the new on-boarding policy to set employees up for success
- Design and Implement a Performance management process.
- Support managers conduct probation reviews with all staff prior to probation period ending
- Ensure each employee has clear, objectives deliverables that they are measured on
- Ensure continuous feedback is given to employees.
- Where there is performance gaps, put a plan in place to bridge the performance gaps through training or other measures.
- Guide Line Managers on how to deal with matters of poor performance and misconduct that they have within their teams
- Drive staff engagement and retention
- Drive a high performance culture
- Design and implement incentive schemes e.g. sales commissions to drive performance
- Drive the full talent management process for succession planning
4. HR Foundation and Compliance
- Update all policies and procedures; Code of Conduct and Employee Handbooks to ensure continuity. Create policies where required and develop an intuitive and ‘easy to find’ document repository
- Monthly HR report generated
- Maintain personnel files and all filing systems required for HR on HR System
- Oversee all Visa and migration between territories as well as the documents of those staff in territories that require update documents
- Manage all benefits within the territory you oversee
- Ensure that we are compliant to all HR legislations and risks in territory and submit any reports as required within the territory you oversee
- Set and manage your HR budget
- Ensure all HR Management Systems and communication platforms are correctly utilized and remain up to date
5. Supporting the HR team
- Develop, lead, manage your direct report, HR Manager Amsterdam to deliver on the HR strategy
- Work closely with the HR team in the SA division to ensure that the HR deliverables support the business in attaining its goals.
- Ensure standardization, consistency and alignment of HR across all territories
- Support the development of the globalizations of the HR department and align the set-up for the different territories so that there is consistency of HR practices across all regions
- Develop a close liaison with the other HR Managers to ensure continuity and support
- Drive staff retention initiatives including benefits, engagement surveys, exit interviews, etc.
- HR analytics, record, analyze HR data to drive HR decisions
- Live and drive the values of Lobster Ink
- Training and Development as and when required
- Assist in building the HR department to accommodate the growth of Lobster Ink
- Be the culture custodian in your respective territories
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experiences in a generalist Human Resources management position
- 3-5 years Recruitment experience at a senior management level. Experience in the Technology industry is an advantage
- International experience is required. US, Amsterdam and Geneva a preference
- Payroll experience is an advantage
- LinkedIn experience is an advantage
Skills, knowledge and attributes
What we offer:
- Ability to conceptualise and understand strategy and translate business strategy into operational deliverables
- Organised and structure with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills with the ability to collaborate and build mutually beneficial relationships
- Ability to influence senior management
- Proven skills in MS Office application (Excel, PPT, Word)
- Excellent command of the English language (written and verbal), second language is beneficial
- Ability to communicate confidently at any level of the company
- High levels of initiative required
- Able to be self-driven and self-directed
- Analytical and able to mine HR data analytics
● Salary based on experience
● An exciting international working environment
● Working with cutting-edge cloud technology
● Team up with the best tech people in Amsterdam and Cape Town
● Flexibility and work-from-home days
● Weekly ‘wine-down’ tradition coming from the hospitality background of Lobster Ink
Give us a call to experience it for yourself!
Lobster Ink - empower, inform, inspire.