Job Title: Senior Graphic Designer
Reporting to: Creative Director
Location: Cape Town
As a Graphic Designer you will be responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact. The role involves listening and understanding clients’ needs before making design decisions. The work requires creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
- To design collateral campaigns for external as well as internal clients. Collateral includes outlying and additional educational print elements, such as posters, flashcards and calls to action.
- To build the brand’s corporate identity.
- To assist in the completion of course manuals and course specific collateral.
- To develop the company’s visual identity online, on various social media platforms.
- To aid Sales, Production and the Communications Relationship Management team with design requirements for communication elements.
- To assist Heads of Departments and Senior staff members with creative pitch presentations and layouts when required.
- To translate strategic outlines into innovative visual representations.
- To keep abreast of new technologies and techniques to deliver cutting edge creative work.
- To build an understanding of brands in the hospitality industry from a visual and strategic perspective.
- Work with and guide graphic design team
Accountability and Performance Measures
- Reports to the Creative Director
- Matric and relevant tertiary qualification in design or similar
- Minimum 5 years’ industry-related work experience or proof of supporting skill level
- An individual portfolio of design work
- Proven Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign skills
- After Effects knowledge would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of iWork (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)
- Ability to conceptualise ideas and bring them to life visually
- Proven ability to create high quality content from a loose or constrained brief with short deadlines
- The ability to define and uphold the company’s corporate identity
- Excellent time management and quality management skills are essential
- Understanding how design influences the way people learn is advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team
- Eager to learn and share knowledge
- Collaborative and builds mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships
- Ability to engage with clients professionally
- Proactive individual with proven strength in attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage several tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining quality
- Able to give and receive direction and constructive criticism well
- Organised and structured; copes well under pressure, with the ability to meet and beat given deadlines
- Displays a positive and enthusiastic approach to all their work