Job Title: Senior Business Development Manager
Department: Sales & Operations
Reporting to: Head of Sales
The Senior Business Development Manager will be responsible for relationship management, on-boarding and sales support for all stakeholders in the financial services vertical. The primary objective would be to maximize revenue through, strategy development which facilitates detailed sales enablement of vertical partners and relevant stakeholders around the globe. This function will be best executed through, detailed strategy development, business casing, company-wide on-boarding on products, processes and procedures, through sales training and sales support, by measuring sales efficiency and effectiveness, providing improvement opportunities, serving as a link between sponsors, associations, accreditation agencies and the vertical partner and provide internal stakeholders detailed reporting on strategic revenue and growth opportunities within the vertical.
- The Senior Business Development Manager works with Lobster International sales executives to create and agree on a strategic vertical partner plan:
- Achieving and exceeding assigned revenue targets and partner on-boarding goals.
- Overseeing and managing partner relations. Tracking the sales pipeline and assisting vertical partners in closing deals for specific agreed upon revenue goals.
- Providing sales training and sales support to ensure vertical partners are competitive and capable to win business
- Expanding relationships across partner offices and enabling our existing partners by on-boarding partners on go-to-market strategies that are executed in the field
- Recruiting new partner offices within the geography
- Securing revenue commitments from the partners content portfolio and accurately forecast your partner business.
- Driving and supporting partner sales opportunities as needed, in pre-sales, presentations, proposals and post-sales activities to ensure the success of your partner, and customers.
- Managing sales enablement and training plans to ensure partners are equipped to position products/solutions and compete effectively to meet revenue objectives. evangelizing the partnership including joint value proposition with sales teams to ensure awareness and collaboration while minimizing sales conflicts.
- Managing channel / sales conflict; specifically focusing on partner offices with global Clients, ensuring that Partners do not impinge on other partner office rights.
- Developing partner business plans and programming objectives to support revenue commitments.
- Conducting Quarterly Business Reviews, measuring partner performance against pre-established business metrics.
- Collaborating with the Head of Product and Marketing to drive the creation and utilization of sales collateral as well as demand generation programs and campaigns that drive partner revenue.
- Expanding sales to existing partner customers by identifying new and additional customer requirements and supporting new sales efforts.
- Foster and maintain relationships to ensure long lasting value for both Lobster Ink and the vertical partner.
- Gather detailed market feedback on feature and content development opportunities.
- To build and maintain solid, long-lasting business relationships that develop strong loyalty for the Lobster Ink brand.
- Business casing for new opportunities
- Full P&L responsibility for the vertical partners.
- Assist in implementing and supporting a strong culture within vertical partner offices.
- 10+ years in partner management / business development experience in the professional services industry.
- Demonstrated track record of successful quota attainment in a commissioned sales role
- Successful track record in managing strategic accounts and achieving sales targets
- Strong network in the financial and professional services industries, preferably on a global scale
- Experience in working with technology / SAAS products is advantageous
- Experience with Salesforce is advantageous
- Knowledge of the professional services and related Industries is advantageous
- Knowledge of E-learning products in the financial industry is advantageous.
Skills, knowledge and attributes
- Ability to engage with and motivate partner marketing to support partner requirements
- Ability to develop and implement partner business plans that drive partner revenue goals
- Ability to successfully on-board new partner offices
- Technically adept, experienced with remote access and strong collaborator
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience working with partners and/or key accounts to build strategic programs that drive demand and sales
- Great negotiation skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sales process methodology with proven skills in selling, designing and implementing complex, customized solutions
- Excellent organizational, reporting and time management skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team
- Ability to generate actionable, insightful, proactive solutions to complex client needs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Capability to collaborate and build mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships
- Proactive individual with proven strength in attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage several tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining quality
- Working well under pressure
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and problem solving capability.
- PC / Mac skills, Software savvy in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) as well as CRM systems (Salesforce would be beneficial)
What we offer:
- Salary based on experience
- An exciting international working environment
- Flexibility and work-from-home days
- Collective Health Insurance
- Weekly ‘wine-down’ tradition coming from the hospitality background of Lobster Ink
- So much more...