Job Title: Lead Animator
Reporting to: Creative Director
Location: Cape Town
As a Lead Animator you will be responsible for the conceptualisation and implementation of animation solutions that meet the company brand strategies from concept to completion. The role involves listening and understanding clients’ needs to provide accurate and detailed information to the animation team in order to propose creative solutions. The work requires creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
- To be the communication link between the Head of Production, Traffic Manager and the animation team to facilitate clear direction and accurate deadlines
- To oversee the animation team’s project outputs, monitoring their progress and motivating them to ensure that all deadlines are met.
- To supervise that creative outputs are consistently in line with the brand and client requirements, providing advice on techniques and giving constructive feedback prior to client review
- To assist with quality assurance of the technical application of the assets and animations to ensure streamlining and consistency
- To lead by example and mentor the animation team, providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that improve the quality of their work and provide for their artistic and professional growth
- To demonstrate total mastery of animation skills, including a deep understanding of the principles of animation, and how to best employ those principles to reflect the client’s needs
- To follow the prescribed workflows and introduce new systems to maintain efficiencies
- To supervise the implementation of the learning matrix and animation style guide consistently across all work produced
- To provide guidance and advice during brainstorming with regards the creative concepts and the role of the animation in delivering on the learning outcomes
- To assist Heads of Departments and Senior staff members with creative pitch presentations and layouts when required.
- To keep abreast of new technologies and techniques to deliver cutting edge creative work within the animation delivery process
- 3-5 years experience in animation or similar role
- Tertiary qualification in animation or design
- Mac proficient
- Exceptional art skills
- 3-5 years experience in film and video; graphic design/illustration
Applicants to attach a showreel or work samples in support of your application.