Be part of something special!
Lobster Ink is the world's leading hospitality platform, training hundreds of thousands of learners in over 100 countries every day. We are a rapidly growing business built from a solid foundation, but flexible enough to respond to the trends of the market and our users. We are driven by our goal to stay at the forefront of technology-driven learning in professional environments.
We believe in creating learning solutions which understand the way that people learn in the modern working environment.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The VP of Learning for Financial Services is responsible for executing Lobster Ink’s learning strategy as well as contributing to business development within the Financial Services vertical. VP of Learning for Financial Services reports into the Global Head of Learning, and is the primary point of contact for key client stakeholders (supported by the Client Success Manager - CSM). The VP of Learning for Financial Services is ultimately responsible for the quality of all learning assets released on the Lobster Ink platform within the Financial Services vertical.
Reports to: Global Head of Learning
Key Job responsibilities:
- Responsible for the execution, delivery and quality of course content development for Lobster Ink’s Hallmark and Customized courses
- Responsible for the maintenance of relationships with key clients in the Financial Services vertical in all aspects pertaining course content development and learning strategies
- Provide input into Lobster International’s overall annual content strategy by working with VPs of Learning to identify opportunities within and across verticals
- Responsible for the management and development of Course Architects in the Financial Services team
- Key liaison for clients and content partners within their region and vertical:
- Own the key client (budget holder) relationship, and is accountable for client satisfaction while supported on day-to-day tasks by the CSM
- Deal with all client issues as escalated by CSM
- Identify Lobster Liaisons within every client in their vertical
- Find and maintain a vetted database of content experts, content partners and content authors for their vertical
- Project management of internal and external learning projects
- Partner liaison for key partner stakeholders (e.g. PwC)
- Overall responsibility for Corporate (Finance and Compliance) content plan
- Contacting and converting sponsor and partnership opportunities for Financial Services and other verticals
- Facilitate Consultation Sessions for all new projects and start the Course Plan
- Review, provide feedback and approve the Course Plan
- Provide final approval on all course assets before course release.
- Participate in brainstorming and visualisation sessions for course production
- Actively seek internal and external feedback on courses and processes and make recommendations for improvement to Global Head of Learning.
- Play a validation role in the production of Hallmark Courses from a learning perspective
- Review hallmark course architecture and final products periodically to ensure the quality of work is being maintained
- Identify revenue opportunities through consultative selling and work with Global Head of Learning to determine relative priority as well as make connections across verticals
- Identify potential sponsor and commercial partnership opportunities and work with the Talent Manager, the Global Head of Learning and/or the Head of Sales to qualify the opportunities
- Work closely with the Global Learning team (in collaboration with Lobster Technologies) to review and write test cases for emerging technologies and their application on the Lobster Ink platform, under the guidance of the Global Head of Learning
- Post-graduate degree in Financial Services or similar
Minimum of 5 years management experience in Financial Services
- Domain experience in learning and development in a corporate business environment - ideally in financial services or similar
- Experience with the implementation and rollout of one or more e-learning platforms and/or course initiatives in a corporate environment
- Ideally an extensive network of US-based content experts in finance and/or compliance subject matter
Skills, Knowledge, Attributes:
- Possess interdisciplinary knowledge, cross-cultural competency, as well as commitment and passion for learning and technology
- Possess strong leadership skills and ability to communicate efficiently
- Have a background in education, a critical attitude, and the ability to define clear learning objectives
- Have the ability to drive projects, evaluating the risks and negotiating with stakeholders
- Be sharp in analysis, evaluation and quality assurance assessment.
- Display good analytical skills and the ability to synthesize information from various sources
- Effectively communicate both visually and verbally, be a good listener and create measurable objectives, based on the audience’s needs
- Create content with information that can be used and applied in the real world
- Select the right instructional multimedia, and assess quality of audio and video scripts
- Focus on the expected outcomes, based on the audience’s prior skills, experience, expectations and needs, and design a course based on the available technology, budget and time
- Be a successful, flexible and creative problem solver, able to tackle any kind of setback and obstacle
What we offer:
- Salary based on experience
- An exciting international working environment
- Flexibility and work-from-home days
- Collective Health Insurance
- Weekly wine-down tradition coming from the hospitality background of Lobster Ink
- So much more...
Give us a call to experience it for yourself!
Lobster Ink - empower, inform, inspire.