Lobster Ink is the world's leading hospitality platform, training hundreds of thousands of learners in over 100 countries every day. We are a rapidly growing business built from a solid foundation, but flexible enough to respond to the trends of the market and our users. We are driven by our goal to stay at the forefront of technology-driven learning in professional environments.
We believe in creating learning solutions which understand the way that people learn in the modern working environment.
Reports to: Managing Director - Lobster Technologies
Summary of Key responsibilities:
Responsible for the coordination and completion of designated large projects in the field of product development, product launches and enterprise client implementations. Oversees all aspects of these projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of projects. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
1. Resource planning
Agree with the Project Sponsor on project scope and outcomes of a project and document this in a project charter. Estimate resources required to deliver a project.
2. Budget planning
Estimate the project budget at the start of the project and ensure that the budget is not exceeded. Review the budget regularly and adjust forecasts if necessary.
3. Project planning
Create project plans that clearly breaks down the tasks, their owners, timing and dependencies. Ensure the project is delivered on-time.
4. Creating and managing project teams
Identify key project team members, keep them engaged whilst not introducing too much bureaucracy or keeping them too much from their day jobs.
5. Risk Management
Flag key project risks in an early stage. Report out on these risks and identify ways to mitigate them
Provide regular progress reports to the Project Sponsor and to other management if requested. Ensure that the project does not deviate from the scope as agreed in project charter. Schedules and hosts regular project team meetings and stakeholder reviews.
Takes ownership of assigned projects and holds team members accountable for staying on budget and on time lines. Escalates issues timely and appropriately.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree
• 5+ years experience as a project manager
• PMP or equivalent certification
• Strong presentation skills, comfortable presenting to senior management
• Demonstrably effective at providing timely, concise, audience-appropriate information both orally and in writing
• Client focused and result driven
• Highly beneficial:
-Experience of working in the e-learning or software development industry
-Experience in product management
-Experience in working directly with enterprise clients
- Experience with Agile development methods
Skills, knowledge and attributes
• Enthusiastic and positive - 'can do' attitude
• Highly innovative
• Highly attentive to detail
• Good sense of judgement
• Driven by a desire to make improvements
• Demonstrates personal integrity
• Ability to motivate a team
• Communication and negotiation skills
• Complex problem solving
• Effective decision making
• Good judgement and the ability to make sound decisions under pressure
What we offer:
• Salary based on experience
• An exciting international working environment
• Flexibility and work-from-home days
• Collective Health Insurance
• Weekly ‘wine-down’ tradition coming from the hospitality background of Lobster Ink
• So much more...
Give us a call to experience it for yourself!
Lobster Ink - empower, inform, inspire.