Job Title: Project Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director - Technologies
Location: Maryland, USA
The Project Manager will manage key client implementation projects. Responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects, set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor and summarize progress of project by preparing periodical status reports for upper management and for clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all customer requirements are planned and executed in a manner that will meet the implementation goals and will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope, budget, timeline and quality..
Scope and Resource management
● Agree with the Project Sponsor on project scope and outcomes of a project and document this in a project charter
● Preparing and defining the project statement of work, its goals and deliverables
● Ensure that the project does not deviate from the the scope as agreed in project charter
● Identifying and assigning roles and responsibilities
● Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities and their dependencies needed to successfully complete the project
● Determine the correct activities owners and duration
● Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
● Ensure the project is delivered on-time.
● Work together with all departments to correctly estimate the project cost at the start of the project and ensure that the budget is not exceeded
● Avoid scope creep, document all change requests and highlight cost and time impact accordingly to the client.
● Follow up on change order requests and final sign off
● Continuously be alert to identifying risks, monitoring risks and executing appropriate response plans throughout the project life cycle in a systematic manner
● Provide regular progress reports to the Client, Project Sponsors and to other management if and when requested.
● Ensure all client communication is properly transmitted to the project team in a timely fashion
● Schedule and hosts regular client update and project team meetings, stakeholder reviews.
● Ensure project documentation is complete, current and archived appropriately
● Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
● Takes ownership of assigned projects and holds team members accountable for staying on budget and on time lines. Escalates issues timely and appropriately.
Teamwork & Organization
● Identify key project team members, keep them engaged whilst not introducing too much bureaucracy or keeping them too much from their day jobs.
● Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups and individuals at all levels of an organization
● Assist in methodology and process improvement initiatives
● Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
● 5+ years experience as a project manager
● Project Management Certification (PMP or equivalent)
● Experience in working directly with enterprise clients
● Strong presentation skills, comfortable presenting to senior management / key clients
● Demonstrably effective at providing timely, concise, audience-appropriate information orally and in writing
● Organized, self-motivated, hard-working, dedicated, with a strong sense of accountability
● Client focused and results driven
● Proven leadership with effective negotiation, interpersonal and partnering skills
● Highly beneficial: ○ Experience of working in the e-learning or software development industry, agile development methods ○ Skills in project management of learning development projects involving e- Learning authoring, audio, video, and text production and post-production, including product evaluation and testing.
Skills, knowledge and attributes
● Enthusiastic and positive – ‘can do’ attitude
● Resourceful, highly innovative, attentive to detail
● Driven by a desire to make improvements
● Demonstrates personal integrity
● Ability to motivate a team, communication and negotiation skills
● Complex problem solving,
● Effective decision making,
● Good sense of judgement and the ability to make sound decisions under pressure