Be part of something special!
Lobster Ink is the world's leading hospitality platform, training hundreds of thousands of learners in over 100 countries every day. We are a rapidly growing business built from a solid foundation, but flexible enough to respond to the trends of the market and our users. We are driven by our goal to stay at the forefront of technology-driven learning in professional environments.
We believe in creating learning solutions which understand the way that people learn in the modern working environment.
We focus on:
• Intuitive technology which enables and encourages consistent learning and development
• Premium, high-impact content with an emphasis on immediate practical application
• Actionable metrics, reporting and analytics which drive long-term learning and empower learners, facilitators and management
• End-to-end solutions, with seamless integration between content design, production, distribution and ongoing facilitation
Lobster Ink is driven by a dynamic and diverse team, inspired by excellence, innovation and continuous improvement.
Our emphasis on quality and innovation can be evidenced by the cutting edge implementation of the .NET infrastructure underpinning the ground-up redesign of our new learning platform, to be released in early 2017. Using exciting and dynamic technologies like Angular 2.0, the new .NET Azure infrastructure and GraphQL, we are forging a new path in creating a scalable, dynamic platform built for rapid development. We move quickly and we push ourselves hard to ensure we stay at the top of the pack.
Above all, we build products that people use - a lot, and every day - to improve their skills, develop their careers and enhance their quality of life.
Reports to: Senior Software Engineer
Responsible for: Development of a .NET cloud e-learning platform
Summary of Key responsibilities: Under the supervision of a senior developer, the .Net Developer develops, writes and tests code for the ASP.NET e-learning web portal.
We are dynamic!
We want you to:
• Work in a team of developers using Agile methodology
• Write C# code for the e-learning web platform
• Attend sprint planning, daily stand-ups and retrospective meetings
• Write unit tests
• Support other developers by doing peer reviews
• Document code
We are hardcore!
We are looking for:
• Relevant education history in software development
• Three years of experience with C#
• Must understand OOP and SOLID principles
• Two years of experience with ASP.NET MVC
• One year of experience with ASP.NET WebApi
• Experience with ALM tools such as GitHub/JIRA and/or TFS (online)
• Experience with SCRUM/Agile/Kanban methodology
• Full professional proficiency in English
We are collaborative!
We're looking for:
• Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
• Ability to work well independently as well as in a team
• Eager to learn and share knowledge
• Collaborates and builds mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships
We are human!
• Proactive individual with proven strength in attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage several tasks simultaneously
• The ability to engage with clients professionally
• Confident, tactful and persuasive manner
• People who are fast, efficient and meticulous
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
• An ability to both give and receive direction and constructive criticism well
• Organized and structured; copes well under pressure, with the ability to meet and exceed given deadlines
• People who display a positive and enthusiastic approach to all their work
What you'll get!
• Salary based on experience
• An exciting international working environment
• Working with cutting-edge cloud technology
• Team up with the best developers in Amsterdam
• Permanent contract based on 40 hours a week
• Flexibility and work-from-home days
• Weekly ‘wine-down’ tradition coming from the hospitality background of Lobster Ink
• So much more...
Give us a call to experience it for yourself!
Lobster Ink - empower, inform, inspire.