Lobster Ink is the world's leading hospitality platform, training hundreds of thousands of learners in over 100 countries every day. We are a rapidly growing business built from a solid foundation, but flexible enough to respond to the trends of the market and our users. We are driven by our goal to stay at the forefront of technology-driven learning in professional environments.
We believe in creating learning solutions which understand the way that people learn in the modern working environment.
We focus on:
• Intuitive technology which enables and encourages consistent learning and development
• Premium, high-impact content with an emphasis on immediate practical application
• Actionable metrics, reporting and analytics which drive long-term learning and empower learners, facilitators and management
• End-to-end solutions, with seamless integration between content design, production, distribution and ongoing facilitation
Lobster Ink is driven by a dynamic and diverse team, inspired by excellence, innovation and continuous improvement.
Our emphasis on quality and innovation can be evidenced by the cutting edge implementation of the .NET infrastructure underpinning the ground-up redesign of our new learning platform. Using technologies like Angular, Azure infrastructure and GraphQL, we are forging a new path in creating a scalable, dynamic platform built for rapid development. We work closely with Microsoft engineers to get the most out of Azure.
Above all, we build products that people use - a lot, and every day - to improve their skills, develop their careers and enhance their quality of life.
This is a unique opportunity for a medior cloud developer to join a rapidly growing company
working with the latest technologies, deliver business value and make a mark
Reports to: Team Lead
● Work as part of a cross-functional agile team
● Configure and maintain consistent, scalable and reliable production, staging and test
environments for our applications
● Manage our CDN infrastructure and continuous deployment process
● Attend planning, daily stand-ups and retrospective meetings
● Ensure accurate, informative monitoring and diagnostics for our applications
● Keep close contact with Support Managers to ensure issues are solved quickly and
● Be on rotating call to cover critical failures
● Minimum 1 year experience with cloud infrastructure
● Minimum 3 years experience in a development role
● Experience setting up continuous deployment integrated CI processes
● Experience deploying .NET web applications, implementing Azure Application
Insights and ARM templates, and deploying with Visual Studio Team Services is
● Experience setting up and maintaining test environments for automated testing is
Skills, knowledge and attributes:
● Organized and structured, copes well under pressure, with the ability to meet and
exceed given deadlines
● Ability to work well independently as well as in a team
● Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
● Proactive with demonstrable accuracy and attention to detail
● Eager to learn and share knowledge
● Ability to give and receive direction and constructive criticism
What you'll get:
● Salary based on experience
● An exciting international working environment
● Working with cutting-edge cloud technology
● Team up with the best tech people in Amsterdam and Cape Town
● Flexibility and work-from-home days
● Weekly ‘wine-down’ tradition coming from the hospitality background of Lobster Ink
● So much more...
Give us a call to experience it for yourself!
Lobster Ink - empower, inform, inspire.