Lobster Ink is the world's leading hospitality platform, training hundreds of thousands of learners in over 100 countries every day. We are a rapidly growing business built from a solid foundation, but flexible enough to respond to the trends of the market and our users. We are driven by our goal to stay at the forefront of technology-driven learning in professional environments.
We believe in creating learning solutions which understand the way that people learn in the modern working environment.
We focus on:
• Intuitive technology which enables and encourages consistent learning and development
• Premium, high-impact content with an emphasis on immediate practical application
• Actionable metrics, reporting and analytics which drive long-term learning and empower learners, facilitators and management
• End-to-end solutions, with seamless integration between content design, production, distribution and ongoing facilitation
Lobster Ink is driven by a dynamic and diverse team, inspired by excellence, innovation and continuous improvement.
Our emphasis on quality and innovation can be seen by the cutting edge implementation of the .NET infrastructure underpinning our new learning platform. Using technologies like Angular 2 and GraphQL, we are forging a new path in creating a scalable, dynamic platform built for rapid development. We work closely with Microsoft engineers to get the most out of our Azure infrastructure.
Above all, we build products that people use - a lot, and every day - to improve their skills, develop their careers and enhance their quality of life.
Reports to: Team Lead
Summary of Key responsibilities:
This is a unique opportunity for a medior BI developer to join a rapidly growing company working with the latest technologies, deliver value and make a mark.
• Work as part of a cross-functional agile team
• Work with software architects and analytics engineers to omplement the BI roadmap
• Work with product managers and other stakeholders to identify reporting requirements
• Work with customer support to identify and rectify reporting issues
• Support other developers by doing peer reviews
• Attend planning, daily stand-ups and retrospective meetings
• Minimum of 3 years experience with .NET software development with a focus on BI solution development or implementation
• Strong domain knowledge of BI concepts and infrastructure
• Strong understanding of relational databases (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc) and relational storage concepts like indexing, foreign keys, relational diagramming, stored procedures
• Experience with data aggregation principles for reporting (star schema, etc) is beneficial
• Experience with Microsoft Azure is beneficial
• Full professional proficiency in English
Skills, knowledge and attributes
• Organized and structured, copes well under pressure, with the ability to meet and exceed given deadlines
• Ability to work well independently as well as in a team
• Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
• Proactive with demonstrable accuracy and attention to detail
• Eager to learn and share knowledge
• Ability to give and receive direction and constructive criticism
What we offer
• Salary based on experience
• An exciting international working environment
• Working with cutting-edge cloud technology
• Team up with the best developers in Amsterdam
• Flexibility and work-from-home days
• Collective Health Insurance
• Weekly ‘wine-down’ tradition coming from the hospitality background of Lobster Ink
• So much more...
Lobster Ink - empower, inform, inspire.