Lobster Ink is the world's leading hospitality platform, training hundreds of thousands of learners in over 100 countries every day. We are a rapidly growing business built from a solid foundation, but flexible enough to respond to the trends of the market and our users. We are driven by our goal to stay at the forefront of technology-driven learning in professional environments.
We believe in creating learning solutions which understand the way that people learn in the modern working environment.
We focus on:
• Intuitive technology which enables and encourages consistent learning and development
• Premium, high-impact content with an emphasis on immediate practical application
• Actionable metrics, reporting and analytics which drive long-term learning and empower learners, facilitators and management
• End-to-end solutions, with seamless integration between content design, production, distribution and ongoing facilitation
Lobster Ink is driven by a dynamic and diverse team, inspired by excellence, innovation and continuous improvement.
Our emphasis on quality and innovation can be evidenced by the cutting edge implementation of the .NET infrastructure underpinning the ground-up redesign of our new learning platform. Using technologies like Angular, Azure infrastructure and GraphQL, we are forging a new path in creating a scalable, dynamic platform built for rapid development. We work closely with Microsoft engineers to get the most out of Azure.
Above all, we build products that people use - a lot, and every day - to improve their skills, develop their careers and enhance their quality of life.
This is a unique opportunity for a medior data engineer to deliver business value and make a mark within a rapidly growing company working with the latest technologies.
Reports to: Team Lead
● Work as part of a cross-functional agile team
● Setup and maintain our MSSQL database snapshots & daily transactions load to our
● Setup and maintain our application data mart for customer facing reporting
● Setup and maintain data loads from our CosmosDB databases
● Setup data loads from external vendors (Salesforce, Recurly, Google Analytics,
Intercom) for Master Data Management
● Setup complex event processing through Stream Analytics
● Migrate our legacy platform MySQL database to our new stack
○ MySQL to xAPI
○ MySQL to Axon SQL Data Factories support for migration portal
○ Master data management Salesforce
● Attend planning, daily stand-ups and retrospective meetings
● Strong domain knowledge of data processing concepts like aggregation and
● Understanding of relational databases (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc) and relational
storage concepts like indexing, foreign keys, relational diagramming, stored
● Able to demonstrate proficiency with semi- or un-structured data in NoSQL
databases like MongoDB / CosmosDB
● Experience with eLearning data concepts (xAPI, LOR, LRS) is highly beneficial
● Experience of PCA and MVR dimensional analysis for semantic data sets with tools
like PowerBI, R, SPSS, Tableau is highly beneficial
● Experience with Microsoft Azure is beneficial
● Professional proficiency in English
Skills, knowledge and attributes:
● Organized and structured working process
● Able to agree to and deliver to realistic deadlines
● Able to perform during periods of high pressure
● Works as a self motivated member of the team
● Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
● Proactive with demonstrable accuracy and attention to detail
● Eager to learn and share knowledge
● Ability to give and receive direction and constructive criticism
What you'll get:
● Salary based on experience
● An exciting international working environment
● Working with cutting-edge cloud technology
● Team up with the best tech people in Amsterdam and Cape Town
● Flexibility and work-from-home days
● Weekly ‘wine-down’ tradition coming from the hospitality background of Lobster Ink
● So much more...
Give us a call to experience it for yourself!
Lobster Ink - empower, inform, inspire.