Summary of Responsibilities
As an Editor and Videographer your main function will be to provide assistance to the Senior Editor and Videographers and the Digital Asset Managers where necessary with a large focus on filming and editing projects. This role will involve filming in local and international locations. Applicants must be willing and able to travel.
- To effectively read through a project script and visualise what footage needs to be filmed that is in line with the voiceover.
- To conceptualise and create shot lists that are simply explained and concise, yet detailed
- To creatively and efficiently edit videos using Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, with consistent high quality and according to the deadlines and style guides given
- To accurately and creatively shoot on a DSLR camera within a team structure, with the possibility of leading the production on occasion
- To assist the Senior Editor/Videographers and Team Leads with any necessary administration
- Matric and relevant tertiary qualification such as a Degree in Film and Video or similar (Honours or Masters is an advantage)
- 1 – 3 years’ video editing and filming work experience
- An individual portfolio or showreel of projects filmed and edited is essential to show pieces edited and filmed by candidate
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes