Here at Lobster Ink we write, we eat, we code, we film, we travel. In short - we create training courses for the hospitality industry. These courses empower, inform and inspire those who learn through us. Working at Lobster Ink is about changing our clients' lives.
You will be part of a team that creates custom e-learning solutions within the hospitality industry that combines design, educational content and learning technology to create an overall efficient learner experience.
Summary of Responsibilities
As Learning Designer, you will be designing and developing creative solutions whereby multimedia content aligns to project requirements. This includes e-learning created in the appropriate authoring tools, as well as assisting in the creation of assets for the production team.
- Contribute and adhere to style guidelines and storyboards to design graphics and multimedia content i.e. illustrations, iconography and animations
- Collaborate internally to generate concepts and ideas
- Continuously self-check to quality control your deliverables
- Occasionally research new innovations to better business delivery and report and pitch
- A qualification in graphic design/Multimedia/UX or equivalent
- Understand the basic principles of design, e.g. Hierarchy of typography, clean layout,
- alignment and balance
- Minimum four years of work experience required in relevant learning and design fields
- Understanding how to design specifically with the learner in mind.
- Proficient in design software such as Adobe CS6/CC: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- Character design and animation (advantageous)
- Experience in HTML and CSS (advantageous)
- Job Aids and interactive PDFs (advantageous)
- Exposure to working with e-learning platforms e.g. Moodle LMS (advantageous)
- Experience with rapid e-learning authoring tools i.e. Articulate 360/Storyline, Adobe
- Captivate is essential
Skills, knowledge and attributes
- Exposure to designing logically to meet learning objectives
- An ability to interpret and translate client brands
- Attention to detail.
- A team player and independent worker
- Assertive and proactive
- Receives constructive critism well
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to maintain a high standard of delivery in an ever-changing environment