Job Title: Creative Lead
Reporting to: Creative Director
Location: Maryland, USA
As the Creative Lead you will be a leader who carries overall accountability for delivering world-class creative outputs for Lobster Ink and one of their clients. In this role you will work alongside the Project Manager, Traffic, Writer and Course Architect and support them with resourceful and innovative ideas to create a unique, high quality client product. You will review quality and manage client expectations while ensuring production quality is of the highest possible in line with required delivery deadlines.
To lead the visualisation process at the start of Pre-Production and work with the writer and project manager in the creative interpretation and delivery of a course brief, outline and instructional design so as to meet Lobster’s and the client’s standards
To work with the Production department and animation team to create high quality learning content on time and within budget
To operationalise client learning requirements into compelling, top quality, creative production outputs
To effectively interpret client’s briefs and generate effective creative solutions, establish and uphold creative quality
Ensure that templates are consistently updated in line with client changes so that all styles remain consistent.
To regularly run creative reviews on all client outputs that Lobster is responsible for and follow the Quality Assurance process
To comprehensively immerse him/herself in the course blueprint/plan and understand and learn the Lobster Production standards and the Learning guidelines.
To manage that the Lobster quality assurance standards and industry best practices are consistently applied to ensure that all creative work is of the highest quality
To ensure that animation processes on the project are operating at maximum efficiency
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Creative Lead with a proven track record in quality assurance and working on large scale productions.
- Management experience of a team of at least 5 employees is essential
- Solid background in production, design and copywriting (video production and e-learning is an advantage)
- TV production experience would be highly advantageous
- A good understanding of the hospitality industry will be a differentiator
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite of products (specifically Premiere, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects), as well as PowerPoint, iWork and other programs required for execution
- A proficient Mac user
- A good understanding of the animation production process
- The ability to facilitate proactive and reactive idea generation
- An expert in all facets of the creative process with the ability to storyboard, plan and strategize at a senior level
- Advanced presentation and influencing skills with the ability to succinctly present ideas and protect the creative integrity of a project
- Ability to guide, inspire and lead a creative team
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Able to quickly build rapport, credibility and trust within a team locally and internationally
- Must have excellent ability to work with people within cross functional teams
- A conceptual and creative thinker who is confident, self motivated, articulate and practical
- A very high level of resilience and the ability to perform consistently under pressure
- The ability to juggle multiple clients and projects at any given time
- A hands-on, persuasive and professional approach to all creative projects