• Develop and execute an after-sales strategy to ensure a greater share of wallet for the client, and ensure all aspects of the sales approach contribute to this purpose.
• Analyze the account strategy every six months and highlight and suggest areas of improvement, and/ or an alternative approach to meet the clients' needs.
• Champion the groups' brand internally to ensure all departments involved with the group understand the high-level goals of the client/group.
• Monitor the implementation and engagement of Lobster Ink for your client to ensure requested requirements and standards are met.
• Once course production/platform development/communication strategy business has been generated, ensure delivery on the expectations by working with learning/technology/marketing on the delivery of the budgetary quote, project brief and proposal for client approval.
• Work with finance and legal where appropriate to ensure that the correct agreements and contracts are in place, proposals are accurate and that invoicing is efficiently shared with the client. Payment should also be tracked and followed up on when required. Also, work with finance to ensure that all monthly/quarterly and biannual invoices are generated and sent out in the required timeframe.
• Work with the relevant project manager and implementation manager to discuss and plan the timelines for projects and the associated launches. Communicate with client to ensure the deadlines are agreeable to both.
• Ensure that all elements of a project (development needs, translation, course details, specific client requests) are being accurately processed and delivered on time.
• Work with implementation to make sure that all hardware requests (Lobster Boxes and encrypted flash drives) are created, invoiced for and couriered to a location specified and confirmed by the client, in a timely manner.
2. Penetration, usage and renewal
• Implement the client success strategy using the matrix outlined for a) a new client or b) an existing client. Either strategy must focus on driving revenue and subscriptions/renewals as the primary goal.
• Monitor client/group performance on Lobster Ink and adjust strategy in order to action accordingly.
• Take ownership of the clients' online engagement and activity and suggest key areas of focus to increase penetration, usage and contract renewal(s).
• Understand the accounts' strategic direction and key objectives; create sustainable competitive advantage by aligning capabilities with key account requirements, and drive profitable business growth.
• Understand client needs and provide appropriate feedback, suggesting improvements or alternative options where needed.
• Manage the operational support for your clients. This will involve customized and standard requests.
• Implement and drive monthly operational review reports developed by the support and implementation teams, to ensure the key client contact has a high-level view of the success of Lobster Ink within their organization. It is the responsibility of the Client Success Manager to analyse this/these reports and send the client a detailed synopsis on their performance and engagement. The Client Success Manager may be required to arrange and host conference calls where these reports are discussed with the client.
• Frequently measure the performance of client success initiatives (communication drives, call campaigns, social media groups etc) to inform future plans, enhance internal performance and deliver ROI statements.
• Ensure that renewal opportunities for each client/group are accurately captured in SalesForce, showcasing the renewal amount and billing frequency.
• Ensure that all SalesForce Accounts, Opportunities, Leads and Contact Details are kept up to date.
• In collaboration with the sales and marketing team; develop and deliver effective tools that enable the client to reach their own business objectives when it comes to Lobster Ink.
• Work closely with the product management team to highlight and feedback on the need(s) of new and existing clients when it comes to marketing and sales supporting materials.
3. Organizational approach and leadership
• Guide the day-to-day activities of the implementation key colleagues - ensuring that each approach and activity is focused on the objectives laid out by yourself and the client.
• Work with colleagues across Lobster Ink’s business functions to maintain strategic perspective based on the client’s needs, levels of satisfaction and enhancing Lobster Ink’s position within their organization.
• Work with current systems that have been implemented within Lobster Ink to achieve successful and measurable delivery on tasks.
• Assist in promoting Lobster’s purpose, philosophies and values when interacting with any client.
• Act as an internal agent to bring attention and solutions to a client’s business priorities using Lobster Ink’s product offerings.
Qualifications, skills, knowledge and attributes
• Proven track record of success within the implementation/operations or sales roles.
• Demonstrate ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively with strong business acumen.
• Strong understanding of sales and marketing as well as finance processes and the ability to translate these processes into opportunities on-the-job.
• Strong ability to work on various computer-based systems (knowledge of Mac systems, SalesForce, Google Drive and Mavenlink will be highly advantageous).
• Demonstrate ability to build, grow and sustain strong and collaborative business relationships with clients and industry influencers as well as internal partners.
• Confident, driven and dynamic individual with the ability to work effectively, both leading a team and independently.
• Highly organized and effective on the job; exceptional planning skills and ability to handle several projects simultaneously.
• Superior communication abilities, including excellent presentation skills, business writing, email etiquette, and conduct conference calls.
• Sound consultative, planning, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to gain trust quickly, diffuse high-tension situations comfortably and settle differences with minimal disruptions. Use persuasion, influence and knowledge of the clients' business in detail to maximize value; establish appropriate business arrangements/contracts and negotiate price, terms, conditions and the like within established targets where needed.
• Driven by results and proactively focused on outcomes and achievements laid out.
• Demonstrate ability to operate within budget requirements to achieve desired business results.
• Sound understanding of strategic frameworks, strategy development and implementation processes.
• Impeccable attention to detail especially under high pressure, with the ability to meet and beat deadlines and demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic attitude at all times, internally and with clients.
• Able to travel frequently within Africa and the Indian Ocean regions.
• Exposure to international and/ specific regional markets is an advantage.