- Job Title: Business Improvement Analyst
- Department: Production
- Reporting to: Managing Director - Production
- Location: Cape Town
As a Business Improvement Analyst, your main role will be to lead specific improvement projects working with multi-functional teams across the organisation. As part of this process you will provide support to teams in planning, defining appropriate measures, use of tools, problem solving and reviewing all aspects of the initiative, to help achieve the project goals.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with businesses on the status of projects to ensure that projects are identified, prioritized and implemented in a timely and effective manner.
- Facilitate the sharing of best practices across the Group.
- Develop and promote consistent performance systems and processes that build upon existing programs in place across the organisation.
- Assess and provide recommendations on the effectiveness of key performance indicators being used by management to improve the key drivers of performance that cover commercial, financial, operational and other parameters.
- Responsible for performing periodic analysis and reviews of performance including identification of performance trends, gap analysis, best performers and areas of opportunity.
- Assist in developing best practice monthly closedown procedures.
- Assist in developing and implementing process improvements to meet business goals.
- Identity and manage resources for process improvement projects.
- Assist in planning and executing process improvement projects.
- Provide support and guidance to team when needed.
- Provides consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality.
- Assist in developing process improvement policies and infrastructure.
- Optimize or redesign process flows to meet project requirements.
- Maintain and update all process related documents for reference purposes.
- Train resources in process improvement techniques.
- Work with management to define the short-term and long-term objectives and potential gains.
- Assist in determining project scope and schedule based on business needs and customer requirements.
- Define configuration specifications and business analysis requirements.
- Perform quality assurance.
- Define reporting and alerting requirements.
- Own and develop relationship with partners, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration.
- Help design, document and maintain system processes.
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to production team.
- Communicate key insights and findings to production team.
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer.
- University degree in business administration, finance or engineering.
- A relevant professional qualification would be an advantage.
- 6+ years of experience in an global operating company demonstrating a clear understanding of business principles, financial performance, processes and operations.
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Strong analytical and technical skills, ability to problem solve, critical thinking and a desire to see an organisation reach its goals.
- Experience in major change initiatives and/or projects within interdisciplinary teams with an ability to develop project measures of success, analyse progress and evaluate outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, influence and support key stakeholders at different levels.
- Ability to work under own direction and high degree of initiative.