Job Title: Cloud Engineer
Responsible to: Solutions Architect
What gets us high?
Lobster Ink is the world's leading hospitality platform, training hundreds of thousands of learners in over 100 countries every day. We are a rapidly growing business built from a solid foundation, but flexible enough to respond to the trends of the market and our users. We are driven by our goal to stay at the forefront of technology-driven learning in professional environments.
We believe in creating learning solutions which understand the way that people learn in the modern working environment.
We focus on:
• Intuitive technology which enables and encourages consistent learning and development
• Premium, high-impact content with an emphasis on immediate practical application
• Actionable metrics, reporting and analytics which drive long-term learning and empower learners, facilitators and management
• End-to-end solutions, with seamless integration between content design, production, distribution and ongoing facilitation
Lobster Ink is driven by a dynamic and diverse team, inspired by excellence, innovation and continuous improvement.
Our emphasis on quality and innovation can be seen by the cutting edge implementation of the .NET infrastructure underpinning our new learning platform. Using exciting and dynamic technologies like Angular 2, Azure infrastructure and GraphQL, we are forging a new path in creating a scalable, dynamic platform built for rapid development. As a member of the Microsoft Azure High Potential program we work closely with Microsoft engineers to get the most out of the Azure environment.
Above all, we build products that people use - a lot, and every day - to improve their skills, develop their careers and enhance their quality of life.
Things you need to love:
• Configure and maintain consistent, scalable and reliable production, staging and test environments for our applications
• Manage our CDN infrastructure and continuous deployment process
• Work with Microsoft engineers on the Azure High Potential program
• Ensure accurate, informative monitoring and diagnostics for our applications
• Keep close contact with Support Managers to ensure issues are solved quickly and efficiently
Have you earned your stripes yet?
• Minimum 1 year experience with cloud infrastructure
• Experience setting up continuous deployment integrated CI processes
• Experience deploying .NET web applications, implementing Azure Application Insights and ARM templates, and deploying with Visual Studio Team Services is beneficial
• Experience setting up and maintaining test environments for automated testing is beneficial
• A high level of ownership with a problem-solving attitude
• Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
• Eager to learn and share knowledge
• Proactive individual with demonstrable accuracy and attention to detail
• Fast, efficient, meticulous and enthusiastic
• Organized and structured; copes well under pressure, with the ability to meet and exceed given deadlines
• Both gives and receives direction and constructive criticism well
What’s in it for you?
• Salary based on experience
• An exciting international working environment
• Working with cutting edge cloud technology
• Team up with the best developers in Amsterdam
• Work from home opportunities (part-time)
• Collective Health Insurance
• Weekly ‘wine-down’ tradition coming from the hospitality background of Lobster Ink
• So much more…